Sunday 22 May 2016

The eve of the final week of work

Tomorrow begins the last week of Albuquerque Public Schools and I for one can not be happier that the year is over. I have two and a half days left and then onto freedom and summer. While this year has definitely had its great times it's also had its challenges. The bureaucracy and drama that is APS knows no limits and as much as I try to stay away from it, when the fellow EA in the room thrives on it, it gets annoying. But either way, I'll be spending most of my time in my old room where we keep to ourselves and focus on our jobs rather than gossip.

Once the summer comes I'll be embarking on a road trip through several states including Arizona, California, and Nevada. It'll be fun, and a lot of driving. Once I get back, I need to figure out how I'm going to welcome my 27th year of life and then the summer school sessions start. I already know I'm going to be in my old room which makes me happy. Working with two new people? Not so much.

And once that is all over it's just a period of waiting until OT school starts. I'm excited to begin this new chapter in my life and begin learning. J has already finished his first year and thinks I'll do well.

Anyways, it's late and I'm exhausted. It's going to be a long day tomorrow and I need sleep in order to survive. That and a certain amount of caffeine. While I'll do my best to update this new version of my blog, I can make any guarantees. I can only promise to update it as much as I see fit. I don't like dealing with my laptop in my best of moods, but I like dealing with my tablet so maybe that'll be my medium. We shall see.

Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment